Chef/Owner Christopher Champagne of 84 Aleworks Brewing & Tavern joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Steamed Clams Casino.
- 12 Littleneck Clams (Scrubbed whole)
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Strips Bacon Cooked Crispy (Diced)
- 3 oz Dry White Wine
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 oz Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 T Parsley Fresh Chopped
- 1 T Basil Fresh Chopped
- 1 T Scallions Fresh Sliced
- Toasted Bread
- Heat a sauté pan to medium, add oil and bacon and cook until crispy, 5 mins.
- Turn up heat to high, add garlic and sauté for a minute to get fragrant and slightly brown.
- Add clans to the pan and deglaze with the white wine.
- Cover and steam the clams until they open 4-6 minutes.
- When the clams are open, add the peppers and butter to melt.
- Add the parsley, basil, scallions right before serving.
- Serve in a shallow bowl with your favorite crusty bread on the side.