Chef Jerry Costabile of Wilcox Tavern joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Shrimp Quonnie.
- 1 lb pasta, any kind (can be cooked ahead)
- 13/15 shrimp 1.5 pounds (peeled & deveined) 6 shrimp per person
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 ounce unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups of Sherry
- Lemon, juice of 1/2 lemon
- Garlic 12 cloves (braised) (can be cooked ahead)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh de-seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup shrimp stock (stock shrimp shells, place in pot, cover the shells with water, reduce by half)
- 1 tbl granulated garlic
- Dredge shrimp in flour, shake off excess flour, cook in oil for two minutes.
- Flip shrimp.
- Add fresh garlic and sherry, deglaze the pan (cook off alcohol) then add remaining ingredients.
- When spinach is wilted, dish is cooked.
- Add pasta, sauté for 2 minutes.