In the Rhode Show kitchen today, we welcome Executive Chef Jerry Costabile from Wilcox Tavern making their Scallop Risotto.
- 2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8-10 scallops
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1 oz butter
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 gloves braised garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup oz heavy cream
- 2 oz grated Romano cheese
- 2 cups of cooked Risotto
- Scallions to garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and let oil get hot.
- Add scallops and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook 1-2 minutes each side until brown.
- Remove from heat and squeeze fresh lemon over scallops, set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan, melt butter.
- Then add peas, braised garlic and chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked risotto, heavy cream and cheese, salt & pepper to taste, cook until warm.
- Plate risotto, place scallops on top, garnish with chopped scallions.