Executive Chef Tim Kelly from Chapel Grille shares his recipe for Heirloom Tomato Buratta Caprese Salad.Ingredients:
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (2.5-ounce) rounds burrata cheese
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Crush oregano between palms to release flavor; add to tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 cup basil and olive oil and mix well.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Place 1 burrata cheese round in center of each plate.
- Fan tomatoes around cheese, dividing equally.
- Drizzle with dressing from bowl.
- Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.