Chef Michael Hervieux of Manisses Restaurant joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Grilled Block Island Swordfish.
- 4 each Swordfish Steaks (7 oz.)
- 1 Tbl. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt & pepper
Kale & White Bean Ragout
- 4 C. kale, stems removed, leaves torn
- 4 each garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 C. cannellini beans
- 1 C. chicken stock
- 2 Tbl. unsalted butter
- 1/2 C. Kalamata olives
- 1/2 C. Castelvetrano olives
- 1/4 C. capers
- 1 Tbl. shallot, minced
- 1 ea. lemon, zest & juice
- 1/4 C. parsley, chiffonade
- 1/4 C. basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 C. champagne vinegar
- 1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Brush swordfish steaks with EVOO, season with salt & pepper. Grill 4-6 minutes per side till fish is firm and cooked through.
- Wash kale, remove leaves from stems and tear leaves, slice garlic paper thin.
- Place pan over medium heat with EVOO. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cook till fragrant and slight browning.
- Add kale and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and continue to cook 5-8 minutes to wilt.
- Add cannellini beans and chicken stock simmer till stock is reduced by half.
- Finish with butter, taste for seasoning.
- In bowl of food processor, add both olives, capers, shallots, lemon juice and zest. Pulse to rough chop.
- Slowly add champagne vinegar and EVOO to incorporate.
- Fold in parsley and basil. Ready to serve.