Chef Armando Bisceglia of Trattoria Zooma joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Gnoccho Fritto.
- 1 sheet of pizza dough (bought or homemade), rolled out to 1/8 inch thickness
- 2 cups corn oil to fry
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices thin sliced Prosciutto di Parma
- Shaved Parmigiano cheese
- In a large, deep saucepan over high heat, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Fry a few pieces of dough at a time until the pieces become little, golden brown pillows.
- With a slotted spoon, remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Repeat until all the dough is fried.
- Serve with Prosciutto di Parma & shaved parmesan.