Discover Newport brings us Chef Elizabeth Fradin from Beth Bakes out of Hope & Main making Classic Crackers with Savory Wild Mushroom Bruschetta and Local Apple Caramel Cheesecake Cracker. She was named a finalist for the 2019 Good Food Award – a competition sponsored by the San Francisco-based nonprofit Good Food Foundation.
Ingredients for Savory Wild Mushroom “Bruschetta”
- Assorted wild mushrooms, sliced thin
- olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- white wine vinegar
- Baby arugula
- lemon zest
- olive oil and salt
Directions for Savory Wild Mushroom “Bruschetta”
- Warm the oil and shallot together in a sauce pan.
- Turn heat up to medium high and once sizzling (careful not to burn the shallot) add mushrooms.
- Saute until mushrooms have lost their moisture and start to caramelize.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in a splash of white wine vinegar.
- Toss arugula with zest, olive oil (not too much!) and zest.
- Top a Crispy Classic cracker with a small pile of dressed arugula.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan style cheese. Serve!
Ingredients for Local Apple Caramel Cheesecake Cracker
- Sweetened cream cheese
- Tart local apples
- Caramel sauce
Directions for Local Apple Caramel Cheesecake Cracker
- Pipe or spoon a small amount of cream cheese onto cracker.
- Thinly slice apple and place it on the cream cheese.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.