Chef Bryan Yealy of Not Your Average Joe’s joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Chicken and Rice Shrimp Bowl.
Ingredients for Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1 1/2 Tbl garlic clove (peeled and grated on microplane)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbl fish sauce
- 1 Tbl Mirin
- 3 Tbl local honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place everything in a blender and blend on low 2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside, can be made 48 hours in advance and stored in refrigerator.
Vegetable Medley Mix:
- 30 each Snap Peas
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into small florettes
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/4-inch julienne strips
- 8 oz Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed, caps 1/4-inch julienne
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut in half, 1/4-inch julienne
- 1/4 head, red cabbage, 1/4-inch julienne
- 2 each carrots, peeled and cut on mandolin, 1/4-inch julienne
- Mix all vegetables in a stainless-steel bowl, set aside
- 1 Mango, peeled, 1/2-inch medium dice
- 1 Avocado, peeled, 1/2-inch medium dice (Right before preparing stir fry, squeeze juice of 1 lemon atop to stop browning)
- Cilantro sprigs, fresh, torn set aside for garnish
- 1-pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 20 each shrimp, 26/30 count, tails and shells removed, deveined (about 1 lb.)
- Season with a mix of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Coat with 3 Tbl olive oil
- Heat a wok to high heat add; 2 Tbl Olive Oil, Chicken and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable medley mix and stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Add stir fry sauce to glaze to your taste. Bring to a boil.
- Divide brown rice into 4 bowls. Top stir fry into each bowl. Top each stir fry with mango, avocado and cilantro.