Chef Julio Lazzarini of Red Fin Crudo and Kitchen joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Cast Iron Chicken & Latin Cauliflower Rice.
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium yellow pepper – small dice
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 packet sazon
- 1/2 jalapeño – thin sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro – rough chop
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 avocado-cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Cut your cauliflower in half and in half again. Remove stem and discard.
- Chop the head of the cauliflower into chunks (1-2 inch pieces).
- Place inside a food processor and pulse. You probably need to do this in 2-3 batches. Between each batch, remove and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet to medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic and yellow pepper and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in riced cauliflower, salt, cumin and sazon. Stir around the veggie mixture to coat.
- Add 1/4 cup broth, and bump up heat to medium high. If the mixture is too dry, add in more broth by the tablespoon. If the mixture is slightly wet, continue to cook until the liquid dissolves.
- Mix in avocado and jalapeno and garnish with cilantro
Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
- 4 Skin on chicken thighs
- 1 can beer
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic – smashed
- 4 T Butter
- 2 T of Vegetable oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Liberally salt + pepper chicken skin and bottom
- Heat cast iron pan on medium high
- Add butter and oil
- Place chicken skin side down- cook until golden
- Flip chicken, add garlic, thyme, bay leaves, beer-cook for 45 minutes