Local Mom Blogger Courtney Caligiuri returned to “The Rhode Show” on Monday morning, to share this craft for kids of all ages to enjoy:
Mason Jar Winter Lantern
- 1 mason jar
- tissue paper (new or used) cut into small 1-inch squares
- decoupage glue such as Mod Podge
- sponge brush
- construction paper for cutting tiny snowflakes
- battery-operated tea light
1. Using the sponge brush, lightly paint Mod Podge on the outside of jar.
2. Working quickly so as not to let the glue dry, paste tiny tissue paper squares onto the jar.
3. While the squares dry, cut out tiny snowflakes or stars with the construction paper. Cutting out one or three works well for a small jar.
4. Glue on the snowflakes/stars with the sponge brush and Mod Podge.
5. Let the jar dry for a few minutes.
6. The final step is to cover the jar with a thin layer of Mod Podge to seal in the tissue paper and snowflakes/stars.
7. When everything is dry, place the battery-operated tea light in the jar and enjoy!
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice, and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.