Don DePetrillo, Owner/ Master Baker of The Original Italian Bakery, along with Chef Rob DiVozzi joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Easter Bread Recipe.Ingredients:
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 eggs
- 15 ounces sugar
- 15 ounces shortening
- 1 1/2 ounces salt
- 4 ounces yeast
- 6 pounds 4 ounces all purpose flour
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix for one minute.
- Add eggs then water (room temperature).
- Mix 7 minutes at low speed then mix at 7 minutes at high speed for a total of 14 minute mix time.
- Let dough rest 1/2 hour cover with sheet or towel.
- Next cut dough into desired size pieces and knead to tight balls.
- Let dough balls rest another 1/2 hour before forming final desired bread shapes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 350 approximately 45 minutes.
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.