We could all use a little more joy in our lives, so gather up the arts and crafts and get ready for a fun and inexpensive project! Joy Jars are a great way to add a little positivity (or tasty reward) to each day. Joy Jars can be used in a variety of ways:
- a countdown to the first day of school or a vacation
- daily rewards for a job well done
- potty training
- positive reinforcement
- daily quotes/motivation
Step 1: Gather the jars
- Decide how many and what size joy jars you want to make and gather them. They can be used jars from jelly, baby food, etc. or you can purchase small mason jars.
- ** If you’re reusing old jars be sure to clean them out and allow them to dry COMPLETELY before taking on this project.
Step 2: Search for crafting supplies
- Look around your house for art supplies like stickers, construction paper, markers, crayons, and glitter glue. Even items from your home office can be used in different ways…get creative!
Step 3: Decorate
- You don’t need to be an artist to design your jars! Cut and glue strips of paper, add stickers, and more. They’re your jars, so design them however you’d like!
Step 4: Fill with joy!
- Whether it’s a sweet treat or uplifting message, the possibilities are endless! Here are a few things that you can fill your joy jars with:
- goldfish crackers
- dog bones (your kids will love to reward the dog do tricks for treats!)
- small toys like cars and figurines
- motivating quotes and words of encouragement
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.