Halloween is just days away and while kids are getting excited for costumes and candy, it’s important that they stay safe while trick or treating. Mom blogger, Audrey McClelland, shares safety tips for families.
1. Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers
2. If your kids are going trick-or-treating on their own, make sure you have check-in points every 30 minutes or every hour.
3. Make sure you have a Halloween trick-or-treating route in mind before you head out.
4. It’s always a good idea to go trick-or-treating in a bigger group. Cars are more apt to notice groups of kids rather than one or two kids on their own.
5. Make sure your Halloween costumes aren’t dragging our hanging that could cause you to trip or fall as you’re going from house to house.