In the kitchen, we welcome Executive Chef Tim Kelly from Chapel Grille making their Handmade Ricotta Gnocchi with Braised Brocolli Rabe “En Brodo” and Fresh Parmesan.
Ingredients for the Gnocchi
- 8 Ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 12 ozs. All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
Ingredients for the Dish
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Slivered Garlic
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- 10 Ounces Strong Chicken Broth
- Fresh Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Broccoli Rabe (Cleaned, Blanched and Chopped)
- Grated Reggiano Parmesan
Directions to make the Ricotta Gnocchi
- Mix the flour salt, nutmeg, granulated garlic and white pepper with 8 ozs. of the all purpose flour.
- Mix in the ricotta cheese and knead by hand into a soft dough.
- On the wooden board, roll the dough into ropes then cut into pieces and roll each one over the gnocchi paddle (refer to the video)
Note: the gnocchi can be made well in advance and frozen.
- Bring 1 gallon of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling salted water and boil until they begin to float then strain. Reserve….
- In the sauté pan over medium heat, cook the slivered garlic in 4 tablespoons of olive oil until it begins to turn golden.
- Add the blanched broccoli Rabe, a small pinch of crushed red pepper, a pinch of salt then saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add some heirloom tomatoes the basil, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a little extra virgin olive oil to the broccoli rabe.
- Add the gnocchi and simmer for about a minute.
- Serve immediately and add fresh grated parmesan at the table.
Rhode Show Content Disclaimer: The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.