We are cooking healthy today with Chef Tim Kelly from Chapel Grille. He is showing us how to make Chile Roasted Cauliflower, Spicy Peanuts and Cilantro.
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4ozs dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt & pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup sweet chile sauce
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- 3 sprigs cilantro (rough chopped)
For the roasted cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Section the cauliflower into large florets.
- In the mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread onto the sheet pan then roast in the oven for 15 minute or until the edges of the cauliflower are golden brown.
For the spicy peanuts:
- In the mixing bowl toss the peanuts canola oil, Cajun spice and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Spread the peanuts on a sheet pan and roast for ten minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature.
Note: these are a great snack too if you want to up the amount. Just store in a cool dry place in a sealed container.
- Place the roasted Cauliflower in the sauté pan, add the chile sauce and over low heat lightly glaze the cauliflower with the chile sauce.
- Add the chopped scallions, cilantro and peanuts and gently toss for only a minute.
- Serve right away.
Note: Roasting the cauliflower can be done ahead of time or the day before. Just heat the cauliflower a little longer in the sauté pan prior to adding the chile sauce.
The Rhode Show Content Disclaimer
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and guests and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 'Waitress the Musical' looking for pie recipes in baking contest
- Weather Now: Dry Today, Flash Flood Watch Thursday
- Ambrose kidnapping suspect has RI criminal record
- Car catches fire outside auto parts store