EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced Friday it is voluntarily recalling over-the-counter drug products including eye drops and ophthalmic ointments sold at Walgreen’s.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, Altaire is initiating the recall due to concerns of non-sterility.
The following products have been recalled:
- Lubricant Eye Drops Moisturizing Walgreens item #: 801483 NDC #: 0363-0185-13 Package Size: 15 mL. Lot Number 19095, Expiration Date: 04/21, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/14/19.
- Lubricant Eye Drops Moisturizing Twin Pack Walgreens item #: 801477 NDC #: 0363-0185-49 Package Size: 2 x 15 mL. Lot Number 19095, Expiration Date: 04/21, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/14/19.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Ointment, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Ointment Walgreens item #: 801482 NDC #: 0363-7500-50 Package Size: 3.5 gram. Lot Number TCI, Expiration Date: 03/21, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/08/19.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Solution, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Drops Walgreensitem #: 801402 NDC #: 0363-0193-13 Package Size: 15 mL. (Two Lot Numbers) (1) Lot Number 19105, Expiration Date: 04/22, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/24/19 and (2) Lot Number 19050, Expiration Date: 02/22, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/23/19.
- Lubricant Eye Ointment PF Soothing Walgreens item #: 801486 NDC #: 0363-0191-50 Package Size: 3.5 gram. Lot Number TBD, Expiration Date: 04/22, Manufacturer Ship Date: 05/24/19.
Altaire Pharmaceutical officials reminds the public that the administration of a non-sterile product intended to be sterile may result in serious and potentially life threatening infections or deaths.
Altaire Pharmaceutical officials suggest customers who may have experience any problem related to taking or using a drug product that has been recalled to contact their physician or healthcare provider.
Customers with questions should contact Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. at 1-800-258-2471 or email email@example.com.