SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — The latest on the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California (all times local):11 p.m.
Police say a package addressed to the home of the suspected attackers in Southern California’s mass shooting has been determined to be safe after it spurred the evacuation of a UPS facility.
San Bernardino police Chief Jarrod Burguan says Friday night that the item has been rendered safe and posed no threat.
Burguan said earlier that the package was from a “reputable vendor” and the UPS center was evacuated out of caution. The evacuation lasted about three hours.
The facility is about a mile from the social services center where 14 people were killed by a husband and wife on Wednesday.
- Gallery: Victims of San Bernardino Shooting
- Complete coverage: San Bernardino Shooting
- Timeline: San Bernardino Shooting
- Photos: Inside the shooters’ home
Police say a Southern California UPS facility has been evacuated because a driver noticed a package addressed to the home of the husband and wife behind this week’s deadly attacks.
San Bernardino police Chief Jarrod Burguan says it appears the package is from a “reputable vendor” but the facility was cleared out and a bomb squad has been called out of caution.
Burguan said the driver had left the facility Friday night and returned after noticing the address in nearby Redlands.
The facility is about a mile from the social services center where 14 people were killed on Wednesday.