PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) announced its photo identification office at Kennedy Plaza is reopening this week.
The office will be open on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. inside the Intermodal Transportation Center.
Passengers can process their reduced-fare bus pass applications at the photo identification offices.
The location at RIPTA headquarters on Elmwood Avenue is still open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but will be closed from noon to 1 p.m.
RIPTA officials also said they will go to communities across the state to give bus passes to qualified seniors and people with disabilities.
Below is a list of upcoming community site visits:
- Wednesday, Nov. 8: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at East Greenwich Senior Center (121 Pierce St.)
- Thursday, Nov. 9: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Warren Senior Center (20 Libby Lane)
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Lillian Feinstein Center (1085 Chalkstone Ave. in Providence)
- Thursday, Nov. 16: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Woonsocket Senior Center (84 Social St.)
- Monday, Nov. 20: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. at Edward King House (35 King St. in Newport)