PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WPRI) — Quinn Miller wanted to wear the same number as Patriots’ legend Ty Law.
Now, even before the Street Story about Miller has gone online, she has the attention of another All-Pro Patriot who plays corner and wears 24.
Stephon Gilmore reached out to Miller via Twitter after seeing a clip about her love of football, despite bullies who tease her for playing.
The clip is now pushing 100,000 views and Miller’s mother Christine said Gilmore’s wife contacted her and invited them to a Patriots game.
“It’s so awesome,” Christine said. “I’m so happy for Quinn. This will definitely make her more confident.”
Gilmore said he is excited to meet Quinn and had some encouraging words.
“No matter what it is, class or sports, do what you love and never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something,” Gilmore said. “Women can play whatever they want to play.”
More Street Stories
- It’s Good News: Virtual stage keeps musician playing through crisis
- A 3,400-mile journey through a country in crisis
- The many he helped now want to help him
- A perfect match from opposite sides of the court
- Once upon a time, two young authors loved dogs