RI Fire Academy dedicates new training truck

News
RI_Fire_Training_Academy_288209

EXETER, R.I. (WPRI) — The Rhode Island State Fire Academy has unveiled a new fire engine that will help train the next generation of firefighters.

The new engine is a state-of-the-art E-ONE Custom Pumper. It will replaced a 1982 model currently used by the academy.

85% of the $350,000 cost for the truck is being paid for through FEMA’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program. The state is paying the remaining 15%, which comes out to $52,500.

“The technology and training that goes on here is critical to public safety,” Sen. Jack Reed said. “This new truck will help ensure that the Rhode Island Fire Academy has the right equipment to fulfill its training needs.”

The pumper truck was manufactured by E-ONE in Ocala, Florida.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Providence

Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store
PINPOINT WEATHER // Quick Links:

Dan Yorke State of Mind: Dan's Daily Update

DYSOM 9/29/2020: Rep. Blake Filippi

More Dan Yorke State of Mind

Don't Miss

Viewer Pa on WPRI.com

LIVE CAMS on WPRI.com

More Live Cams

Community Events & Happenings

More Community

The Border Report Tour

More Border Report Tour