PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Snow has changed to rain this morning, but wet and slushy roads are making for a slow morning commute.
The winter weather advisory continues until 10 a.m. for northwest RI. Eyewitness News Meteorologist Michelle Muscatello said rain will end by mid-day with dry skies for the evening commute.
- DELAYS & CLOSINGS: Pinpoint Closing Network
There have been several schools delayed in northwestern part of Rhode Island, as well as in the Bellingham, Massachusetts area.
Roads will be wet and could be slick.
The snow started to fall Sunday night and could be to blame for a crash in Warwick.
- RESOURCES: Winter Weather
WATCH: Meteorologist Michelle Muscatello updated Futurecast on Eyewitness News This Morning on WPRI 12 and Fox Providence and live streaming here on WPRI.com.
Know Before You Go:Latest 7-Day Forecast | Pinpoint Weather Blog | Live Pinpoint Doppler 12 Radar | Threat Tracker | Pinpoint Traffic | WPRI.com Flight Tracker | Closings & Delays | Download: Pinpoint Weather App | Download: Eyewitness News App | Sign Up: Weather Alerts
Must-Have Apps from WPRI:
- Pinpoint Weather App: Weather forecasts, radar, and alerts when you’re on the go
- WPRI 12 Eyewitness News App: The best local news and weather app
- The Rhode Show on the Go: Rhode Island and Massachusetts event listings and lifestyle app