Plumber’s death prompts recall of electric ranges

News

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – The death of a Portsmouth, New Hampshire, man has prompted the recall of 6,300 electric ranges.

The 52-year-old plumber died from electrocution when he came in contact with an energized range and a grounded object, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The recall covers Blomberg and Summit brand, 24-inch, freestanding glass top electric ranges.

  • Blomberg BERU 24200 SS
  • Blomberg BERU 24100 SS
  • Summit CLRE24

The CPSC says the electric ranges can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ranges and avoid touching the appliance until the power supply is shut off. To schedule an inspection and repair, call Arçelik at 877-271-1489 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Providence

Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store
PINPOINT WEATHER // Quick Links:

Veteran's Voices: Honoring Those Who Serve

More Veterans Voices

Dan Yorke State of Mind: Dan's Daily Update

DYSOM 10/28/2020: Erika Sanzi

More Dan Yorke State of Mind

Don't Miss

Viewer Pa on WPRI.com

LIVE CAMS on WPRI.com

More Live Cams

Community Events & Happenings

More Community

The Border Report Tour

More Border Report Tour