Part of mall evacuated after cleaning fluid spill

News
Braintree Chipotle Evacuation_598524

BRAINTREE, Mass. (AP) — Part of a Massachusetts shopping mall had to be evacuated because of a cleaning fluid spill in a Chipotle restaurant.

Police in Braintree say a lower-level wing of the South Shore Plaza and the area around the mall were evacuated late Friday afternoon because of fumes from the spill. The effected areas have since reopened.

A Chipotle spokesman says there was a spill of a highly concentrated cleaning solution and the restaurant would be closed for a short time during the cleanup.

A worker at the restaurant was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

The spokesman apologized for any inconvenience.

Emergency vehicles surrounding the building and hazardous materials teams responded.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Providence

Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store
PINPOINT WEATHER // Quick Links:

Dan Yorke State of Mind: Dan's Daily Update

DYSOM 4/2/21: Keith Oliveira and Pam McCue

More Dan Yorke State of Mind

Don't Miss

Viewer Pa on WPRI.com

LIVE CAMS on WPRI.com

More Live Cams

Community Events & Happenings

More Community