Mass. Chipotle closes after several workers contract Norovirus

Chipotle Food Safety Boston College_235020

A man walks near a closed Chipotle restaurant on Monday, Dec. 7, 2015, in the Cleveland Circle neighborhood of Boston. Chipotle said late Monday that it closed the restaurant after several students at Boston College, including members of the men’s basketball team, reported “gastrointestinal symptoms” after eating at the chain. The school said it was […]

BILLERICA, Mass. (WPRI) — A Chipotle restaurant in Billerica, Massachusetts is temporarily closed after one of its workers was diagnosed with Norovirus.

The illness is very contagious and cause symptoms like vomiting.

Two other workers at the restaurant are suspected of having the virus.

There are no reports of ill customers.

This comes after a nearby Chipotle closed after 150 of its customers were diagnosed with Norovirus back in Decemebr.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store

Your Local Election HQ

Coronavirus: Complete Coverage

More Coronavirus

Dan Yorke State of Mind: Dan's Daily Update

DYSOM 2/19/21: Richard Arenberg and Joseph Cammarano

More Dan Yorke State of Mind

Don't Miss

Viewer Pa on


More Live Cams

Community Events & Happenings

More Community