FOXBORO, Mass. (WPRI) — A popular local wedding venue and banquet hall marked its grand re-opening Wednesday, nearly a year-and-a-half after it was destroyed by fire.
Owners Anastasia Tsoumbanos and Natalia Kapourelakos cut the ribbon Wednesday on the newly rebuilt Lakeview Pavilion.
The original reception hall burned to the ground after a fire accidentally broke out during a wedding in April 2014. A carelessly discarded cigarette was blamed for the fire. No one was hurt.
“It is true that we were devastated and heartbroken, but there was no time to mourn, and never any doubt that we would rebuild,” Kapourelakos said Wednesday. “We’re looking forward to creating more memories.”
The renovated Lakeview Pavilion features two event spaces with separate entrances, bridal suites, and lounges. Both have views of the venue’s signature waterfront along Lakeview Pond.