COVENTRY, R.I. (WPRI) — Crews were on the scene of a house fire in Coventry Sunday night.

The fire started around 9 p.m. after someone attempted to light a fireplace in the basement of the Main Street home, according to the fire department.

“There was a build-up of propane in the house and then there was a fireplace involved, so that’s what they are looking at now,” Coventry Fire Chief Frank Brown said. “There was a gas fireplace in the basement that the occupant was trying to ignite and then there was an explosion.” 

One woman suffered minor burns and was brought to the hospital for treatment.

Brown said the injured woman and two children were the only people inside at the time of the fire. 

The cause of the fire is under investigation.