NARRAGANSETT, R.I. (WPRI) — Two members of the Narragansett Police Department tested positive for the COVID-19 recently, according to Chief Sean Corrigan.
A recent Facebook post from the department says both officers received a positive test result through asymptomatic testing.
One is currently self-isolating at home, Corrigan said, while the other has returned to work after following R.I. Department of Health guidelines.
The post also mentions members of the police department began receiving the COVID-19 vaccine Monday.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- RI doctor ‘really concerned’ new COVID-19 variant could strain health care system
- Volunteers hand out 20K free masks in Pawtucket, Central Falls for MLK Day
- New Bedford reopens surge center for recovering COVID-19 patients
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it