NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — The New Bedford firefighters placed in quarantine after potential exposure to COVID-19 have tested negative for the virus, according to city spokesperson Jonathan Carvalho.
Last week, 22 firefighters were required to self-quarantine after potential exposure to one of their colleagues who tested positive for COVID-19.
All 22 firefighters are now cleared to return to duty, according to Carvalho, since they all tested negative.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- AstraZeneca resuming US testing of COVID-19 vaccine
- Twin Oaks to reopen next week, but only for take out
- Amid complaints, class sizes shrinking for Providence virtual academy
- RI health officials fine, close 4 bars over alleged COVID violations
- Daily coronavirus cases reach record high in Rhode Island; 4 more deaths