NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — The Bar in New Bedford has been ordered to shut down until Massachusetts enters Phase 4 of reopening, according to the city’s health department.
The department said it issued a cease and desist order to The Bar on Wednesday for its fourth COVID-19 violation.
The Bar, located on Dartmouth Street, was also issued a $2,900 fine, officials said.
On Oct. 14, The Bar was fined $300 for serving alcohol without food and for employees failing to wear masks, and on Nov. 14 and Nov. 21, The Bar was fined $600 for employees again violating the mask mandate.
The cease and desist order lists several other violations, including going over maximum capacity, poor social distancing by customers and improper regulation of indoor/outdoor entertainment.
The Bar has seven days to request an appeal hearing with New Bedford’s Board of Health.
12 News reached out to the owner for comment, but did not hear back.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Biden marks nation’s Covid grief before inauguration pomp
- Norton police sergeant who died after contracting COVID-19 ‘was a friend to all’
- Langevin invites local emergency physician to attend inauguration
- URI students to be tested every other week throughout spring semester
- Fenway Park to become state’s second COVID-19 mass vaccination site