Mechanic dies from injuries suffered in gas station fire

SE Mass

MANSFIELD, Mass (WPRI) — A mechanic who was severely burned in an explosion and fire at a Mansfield gas station several weeks ago has died.

Ron Stanovich, 64, succumbed to his injuries Tuesday night, according to Bristol County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Gregg Miliote.

Stanovich suffered life-threatening injuries when vapors from a 55-gallon drum of windshield wiper fluid ignited at Cannan Fuels on Sept. 25. His coworker told Eyewitness News that Stanovich was welding the drum when it exploded.

The fire spread through the shop though firefighters were able to keep the flames away from the gas pumps.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store

Don't Miss

Viewer Pa on

Community Events & Happenings

More Community
Live Cams on

The Border Report Tour

More Border Report Tour