PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) -- A Rhode Island man is facing federal drug charges after he was arrested while driving through Utah on Thursday.
Police pulled over 50-year-old James Burns for an equipment violation on his van. During the traffic stop, officers found more than 200 pounds of marijuana and other drug-related items packaged for sale.
- 7,000 pen cartridges containing THC
- 800 cigars containing suspected hashish
- 1,400 vape pends containing suspected THC
- 400 jars containing suspects marijuana concentrates
- 204 packages that each contained 1 pound of marijuana
Burns was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Investigators say Burns was headed east through Utah to Rhode Island.
Burns could face the maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine.