Chief: No elevated carbon monoxide levels found inside EP school

Providence

EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Emergency responders were called to an East Providence school Monday afternoon for a possible carbon monoxide incident but officials say the air quality inside the building was found to be safe.

Several ambulances and fire trucks responded around 12:30 p.m. to Sacred Heart School on Purchase Street after a staff member reported feeling ill and was concerned that gas exposure may have been the cause, according to East Providence Fire Chief Oscar Elmasian.

Elmasian said the school’s air quality was thoroughly tested and no elevated levels of carbon monoxide were found.

No students or staff members were transported to the hospital.

Taunton Avenue was closed for about half an hour until crews cleared the scene.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Providence

Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store
PINPOINT WEATHER // Quick Links:

Don't Miss

Don't Miss Community Events

More Community

Target 12

Live Cams