JOHNSTON, R.I. (WPRI) — Johnston police seized tens of thousands of dollars worth of cocaine and several thousand dollars in cash in a drug bust, according to a news release Friday from the Johnston Police Department.
Johnston police said detectives from both their department and Providence police executed a search warrant at a home on Rotary Drive Thursday night, and arrested 41-year-old Hovannes Yagoubian. The raid followed a lengthy joint investigation, Johnston police said.
Inside the home, police said detectives found a large amount of cocaine, estimated to have a street value of as much as $45,000.
Detectives also seized more than $17,000 in cash and packaging materials suspected to have been used for drug dealing.
According to police, Yagoubian was charged with three felonies:
- Manufacturing and possession with intent to deliver up to one kilogram of cocaine
- Manufacturing and possession with intent to deliver marijuana
- Maintaining a narcotics nuisance
Yagoubian was scheduled to be arraigned in Kent County District Court Friday morning.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Burrillville power plant proposal faces setback
- Turkey attempts to break into Franklin police headquarters
- Rehoboth middle school placed on lockdown after reported threat
- Colder, snowier winter expected this year