JOHNSTON, R.I. (WPRI) — Police are investigating a triple shooting Wednesday in Johnston that left two people dead and one person injured.

Police then chased the suspect, 52-year-old James Harrison, and shot him dead during a standoff with law enforcement at the Cranston-Johnston line.

The victims have not yet been identified, but 12 News has learned through multiple sources that one of the victims who died was Harrison’s mother, who lived with him at 4 Ligian Court.

(Josh Wheeler/WPRI-TV)

Police said the second victim who died was an adult who lived next door at 2 Ligian Court, while the third victim was a 15-year-old girl who lived at that home. She was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.

Law enforcement declined to comment on specifics leading up to the fatal shooting, but Target 12 has confirmed through multiple sources that it stemmed from a neighborhood dispute spanning multiple days.

Sources said Harrison was seen peering into a neighbor’s window earlier in the week. Police were called Tuesday night to Harrison’s home, but he didn’t answer the door, Target 12 learned.

Johnston Police Chief Mark Vieira initially declined to comment on whether police had previous contact with Harrison, but he later confirmed officers were at Ligian Court around midnight Tuesday.

“To my knowledge, he didn’t have a criminal record in Rhode Island, and we never arrested him,” Vieira said during a news conference.

WATCH: Police give briefing on 2 shootings (Story continues below.)

On Wednesday, one neighbor said they heard a loud bang around 7:30 a.m. before seeing Harrison leave his home and first responders coming to the neighborhood.

Vieira said his department received two 911 phone calls around that same time, including at least one from 2 Ligian Court.

A 12 News crew on scene observed officers and investigators taking photos in and around two neighboring homes on Ligian Court.

R.I. State Police Col. Darnell Weaver confirmed Harrison was shot and killed during a standoff with police mid-morning. A person living nearby the shootout told 12 News they heard between eight and ten shots fired.

WATCH: How police located the suspect (Story continues below.)

According to police officials, Johnston police put out a BOLO (be on the lookout) for Harrison after responding to Ligian Court. An off-duty police dispatcher soon spotted his vehicle parked at St. Ann Cemetery and called it in.

“When they arrived, the suspect drove at these police officers head on towards their vehicles, nearly striking them,” Cranston Police Chief Michael Winquist said. “A pursuit took place after that incident.”

(Alexandra Leslie/WPRI-TV)

The pursuit continued to Plainfield Pike, where police said Harrison swerved at several vehicles and hit a Cranston police cruiser. At one point, he was driving on the wrong side of the road before he jumped the center median, then lost control of his car and crashed into a large rock.

Police surrounded Harrison and ordered him out of the vehicle. After several minutes, he got out and pointed a firearm at the officers, who then opened fire, according to police officials.

Winquist said it didn’t appear any officers were injured, but several were taken to the hospital for evaluation.

WATCH: Plainfield Pike scene (Story continues below.)

Rhode Island State Police and the R.I. Attorney General’s Office will be involved in a multijurisdictional investigation into the police shooting. Officials said the incident was captured on officers’ body cameras and video taken by a bystander.

Plainfield Pike was closed for much of the day near the I-295 on-ramps as police investigated, but it was fully reopened just before 7 p.m.

The suspect’s vehicle was towed from the scene Wednesday evening, along with two Cranston police cruisers.