Overnight fire displaces Jamestown family

East Bay

JAMESTOWN, R.I. (WPRI) — Fire officials credited working smoke detectors for giving a family time to evacuate after their Jamestown home caught fire late Sunday night.

Flames broke out in the Dory Street home just before midnight, in the island’s northern end.

Jamestown’s fire chief said a wood stove caused the fire.

All four family members, including a 4-month-old baby girl, were able to get out safely. 

The family is currently staying with neighbors and is being assisted by the Red Cross.

 No injuries were reported. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Providence

Download Mobile Apps from WPRI 12
DOWNLOAD APPS NOW: Apple App Store | Google Play Store
PINPOINT WEATHER // Quick Links:

Don't Miss

Don't Miss Community Events

More Community

Target 12

The Border Report Tour

More Border Report Tour

Live Cams