PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training is preparing for new claims to roll in during Rhode Island’s two-week “pause.”
In his bi-monthly appearance on 12 News Now at 4, DLT Director Scott Jensen discussed the following topics:
- Rhode Island’s preparation for the “pause”
- Options available to those who are laid off or have their hours reduced
- RI’s current unemployment rate
- How is seasonal employment impacted this year?
- What happens when the stimulus expires in December
- How to tell when your benefits are close to expiration
Watch the full interview with Director Jensen in the video above.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Cicilline caught on camera sneezing maskless during impeachment proceedings
- Johnston church partners with RI National Guard to bring rapid COVID-19 testing to community
- New Bedford mayor concerned by lack of vaccination sites in Southeastern Mass.
- Biden: We’ll ‘manage the hell’ out of feds’ COVID response
- Mass vaccination site at Gillette Stadium opens for select health care workers, first responders