WOONSOCKET, R.I. (WPRI) — Police and fire crews in Woonsocket closed off a portion of Logee Street just after 9 a.m. Tuesday for a reported gas leak.
Woonsocket fire officials tell Eyewitness News GPL Construction was already in the area working on a gas line when it was struck accidentally.
Fire officials say the scene was deemed safe by National Grid around 9:50 a.m. and crews resumed their construction work.
A spokesperson for National Grid tells Eyewitness News no evacuations were needed.
National Grid says it isolated three houses in the area where gas needed to be re-lit, and that process began around 10:45 a.m.