PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Workers at Lifespan are celebrating as Rhode Island’s largest hospital group has reached a significant milestone.
Lifespan announced Monday it has discharged its 1,000th recovered COVID-19 patient, offering a much-needed dose of hope for health care workers.
In total, nearly 5,000 COVID-19 patients in the Ocean State have been discharged.
As of midday Monday, there were 127 patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Of those patients, 21 were listed in intensive care and 14 are on ventilators.
The state has also hit a new COVID-19 testing milestone on Monday, with the share of all tests over the weekend coming back positive dipping below 2% for the first time since the pandemic hit.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Real estate market booming amid pandemic
- URI cancels spring break due to ‘uncertainty created by COVID-19’
- RI reports 119 new COVID-19 cases, 1 additional death
- 2 charged for handling of virus outbreak at Holyoke Veterans’ Home
- PC extends full remote learning through Oct. 3 amid COVID-19 outbreak