WEST GREENWICH, R.I. (WPRI) — Fire officials say a fire that destroyed a West Greenwich home was a complete accident.
According to the deputy fire chief, the fire marshal has ruled the fire accidental – saying it appears to have started in a shorted-out basement outlet.
The flames broke out around 7 p.m. Thursday at a home on Sharpe Street.
Fortunately, the family of two inside the home made it out safely, but the home was destroyed.
A family friend has launched a GoFundMe.com page to help the family. Friends say the two daughters in the family are both in college.
Click here to donate.