BOCA RATON, Fla. (WPRI) — Work in law enforcement? Tired of the freezing temperatures? The Boca Raton Police Department may have an escape ticket for you.
The department posted to it’s Twitter page Wednesday, promoting its recruitment drive in a unique way.
“@FargoPolice has a temp of -30, @Chicago_Police has a temp of -21 and @madisonpolice has a temp of -24,” the post reads. “Here at @bocapolice it’s +64!”
They invite those working in law enforcement nationwide to apply online if they want to “escape the Polar Vortex.”
The department’s website says qualified candidates would receive a starting salary of $68,153, a $1,300 annual uniform allowance, $1,200 crash-free bonus and an annual longevity bonus after 10 years on the force.
Those who want to apply must met the following qualifications:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Not have been convicted of perjury
- Be of good moral character
- Have a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college OR two (2) years active duty military with an honorable discharge OR two (2) years certified law enforcement experience as a police officer (Not a correctional officer)
- You may apply for employment before obtaining a Florida Driver’s License. If selected, you must obtain a valid Florida Driver’s License before starting work as a Boca Raton Police Officer
Anyone interested in applying can visit the City of Boca Raton Employment website.
So @FargoPolice has a temp of -30, @Chicago_Police has temp of -21
and @madisonpolice has a temp of -24. Here at @bocapolice its +64!!
Work in law enforcement and want to escape the #PolarVortex? Visit https://t.co/lEq98InT8C pic.twitter.com/aAMS9YqLPf— Boca Raton Police (@BocaPolice) January 30, 2019