PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — It was a big honor for a very special Rhode Islander on Wednesday.
Gov. Gina Raimondo announced the creation of the #DStrong license plate to benefit the Dorian Murray Foundation.
The governor also said the plate honors the late 8-year old’s strength and courage, which inspired people all over the world.
Dorian passed away earlier this year, following a brave battle with cancer.
- Complete Coverage: #DStrong
- Social Stream: The world shows support for #DStrong »
- Street Stories: A look back at how Dorian dreamed big and conquered
- Video: Four minutes of awesome with Dorian
- Read: Dorian Murray, #DSTRONG, passes away
- Photos: Gronk’s Visit with Dorian