CRANSTON, R.I. (WPRI) – A Cranston neighborhood was briefly evacuated as emergency crews dealt with a gas leak in a building.
The leak was reported in a home on Princess Avenue shortly before 1:30 Saturday afternoon. Authorities evacuated several nearby homes as a precaution and called National Grid to the scene to shut off the gas supply to the home.
Witnesses told Eyewitness News that a gas line had been cut while someone was doing renovations to the home.
Firefighters ventilated the home and cleared the scene by about 2 p.m. No other details were immediately available.