OAK BLUFFS, Mass. (WPRI) — A child on Martha’s Vineyard has been diagnosed with measles.
According to Martha’s Vineyard Hospital, an unvaccinated child who was visiting the island from another state was evaluated by emergency officials last week and was diagnosed with measles.
The child was immediately isolated. Health officials say the patient was in contact with others during a time where the child was infectious but was not showing any symptoms.
According to the hospital, the patient is considered infections from Monday June 8 through Wednesday June 17.
Individuals who were present at the following locations could have been exposed:
- West Tisbury Public Library June 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aquinnah Library Tuesday on June 9 from 3 to 5 p.m. and Thursday June 11 from 3:30 to 6:30pm
- Martha’s Vineyard Airport Laundromat in West Tisbury on Friday June 12 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Sharky’s Cantina in Oak Bluffs Tuesday on June 16 from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Ryan’s Family Amusements in Oak Bluffs on June 16 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Adults and children who have not been vaccinated are invited to attend a free vaccination clinic on Wednesday, June 24 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Doctor’s wing of the old Martha’s Vineyard Hospital.
For more information, click here.