BURRILLVILLE, R.I. (WPRI) — Police in Burrillville arrested eight protesters Saturday for trespassing on private property.
According to police, members of BASE (Burrillville Against Spectra Expansion) and FANG (Fighting Against Natural Gas) staged a protest at the Spectra Energy Gas Transmission facility in Pascoag.
Police said 8 individuals were arrested and charged for trespassing on Spectra’s property.
The following people are facing charges:
- Sally J. Mendzela , 68, of North Providence, RI
- Stephanie L. Strub, 28, of Pawtucket, RI
- Marisa A. Shea, 29, of Lowell, Mass.
- Andrea Doremus-Cuetara,57, of West Roxbury, Mass.
- Gabriel Shipiro,19, of Ithica, NY
- Kyle Shulz, 26, of Worcester, Mass.
- Lauren T. Niedel-Gresh, 53, of Glocester, RI
- Mary E. Pendergest, 69, of Pawtucket, RI