BOSTON (AP) — State health officials say a resident of a veterans care center in Massachusetts has tested positive for the coronavirus for a second time.
The state Executive Office of Health and Human Services, which oversees the Soldiers’ Home in Chelsea, said Monday the resident tested positive on Saturday.
The resident had previously recovered from COVID-19 in May.
The long-term care facility has taken additional precautions to control further spread of the virus.
Housing advocates are pressing state lawmakers to approve a bill they said would extend protections for tenants facing eviction due to the pandemic.
Massachusetts reported 244 new positive cases and seven newly confirmed coronavirus deaths Monday.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Coronavirus: RI reports 351 new positive cases, 3 additional deaths
- RI looking to hire 100 people to help with contact tracing
- MLB says Turner violated protocols when he returned to field
- RI Medical Director: The more we gather and move, the further the virus spreads
- Wright’s Farm to reopen its dining rooms next week for reservations only