MARSHFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A gas leak ignited in front of a house in Massachusetts, sending plumes of flames into the air and forcing officials to evacuate about a dozen homes.
The Marshfield police said the fire continue to burn throughout the day Saturday until it was extinguished about 7 p.m.
Our news affiliate WCVB-TV reports that firefighters found a downed power line, which they think may have ignited the leaking gas from an underground main.
No injuries have been reported and the Red Cross of Massachusetts responded to offer assistance. Officials urged people to avoid the area.