PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) ─ In a matter of weeks, the Rhode Island Convention Center was transformed from the state’s largest event venue to a field hospital for COVID-19 patients.
The now-complete triage center is made up of four wards, 28 pods and 600 beds.
As of Tuesday, the Rhode Island Convention Center is fully prepared to take in and treat COVID-19 patients if a surge in cases were to occur.
But how did we get here?
Lifespan and the R.I. Convention Center released a time-lapse video showing the construction process.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Pawtucket residents ages 50 and older will soon be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine, mayor says
- Biden’s big relief package a bet gov’t can help cure America
- Mass. unions back proposal for firefighters to vaccinate teachers
- COVID bill to deliver big health insurance savings for many
- Hungary closes stores, schools to curb surge due to variants