PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — As the coronavirus pandemic continues, people locally and across the country are wondering when businesses will be able to open back up along with schools and other public buildings.
U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-Rhode Island, was named this week to a bipartisan task force to help determine how and when to reopen the economy.
In the above video, Eyewitness News anchor Mike Montecalvo chats with Whitehouse about what the first steps might be for Rhode Island.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
What’s Open in RI & Mass. | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa | COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Support Groups | Senior Shopping Hours | CDC Resources | RI Health Department | MA Health Department
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- Mt. Hope postpones ‘crossing the stage’ filming after senior tests positive for COVID-19
- Congress weighs choice: ‘Go big’ on virus aid or hit ‘pause’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 26, 2020
- Bell rings again at New York Stock Exchange as floor reopens