PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Rhode Island’s reported death toll from COVID-19 increased to 1,107 on Friday as health officials announced another fatality.
The R.I. Department of Health also reported 119 new positive cases and a daily positivity rate of 1.5%.
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data »
As of Friday afternoon, 94 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized in Rhode Island, with eight in the ICU and four on ventilators, according to the Health Department.
Officials at Providence College, where more than 180 students and staff members have tested positive in the past week, announced Friday that full remote learning would continue through October 3.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- RI looking to hire 100 people to help with contact tracing
- MLB says Turner violated protocols when he returned to field
- RI Medical Director: The more we gather and move, the further the virus spreads
- Wright’s Farm to reopen its dining rooms next week for reservations only
- Coronavirus testing site opens at Boston’s Logan Airport