PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The R.I. Department of Health reported 101 new positive cases of COVID-19 on Thursday.
The daily positivity rate came out to 1.2%, officials said, with more than 8,100 tests conducted the previous day.
The Health Department also reported four more COVID-19-associated deaths, bringing the state’s total to 1,085.
As of mid-day Thursday, 88 COVID-19 patients were in the hospital, of which nine were in the intensive care unit and five were on ventilators.
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data »
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- New Massachusetts COVID cases surpass 1,000 for 3rd day
- Federal government to send more than 300K rapid COVID-19 tests to RI
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit
- RI Health Dept. reports 800 new coronavirus cases, 7 deaths since Friday
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins